Tuesday, May 13, 2008

...more politicians could actually be leaders too.

I'm not pushing any politics here, just pointing out the kind of words that attract me to a candidate. This was McCain's response to a question today about how his environmental stance might anger GOP rank and file:

When it comes to making his fellow GOP colleagues "mad in the past," McCain said his job is to "do what I know is best for this nation, particularly where our environment is concerned."

Regardless of political party, I love a maverick. Even when i disagree with the candidate's position, nothing excites me more than to see a person stand by their principles regardless of anyone's opinion. I think more than anything else, I look for decisiveness in a leader and the courage to make tough decisions in the face of potential failure.

No comments:

Search This Blog